Free. One of our favorite words. Below is a list of tons of free resources that make home education much easier. The links will change frequently as more content is added. Would you like to add something? Contact us! If you find a dead link, please also let us know so we may either update it or remove it. Thanks!
- Easy-Peasy All-In-One Homeschool grades K-12
- Ambleside Online – Charlotte Mason style Level 1-12
- An Old-Fashioned Education – K-12. Uses public domain books.
- Baltimore Curriculum Project – draft form of complete lessons for K-5. Includes art, geography, history, music, literature, science, and world civilizations.
- Lesson Pathways – includes “pathways of learning” for K-5 in various subjects. Requires registration, but it’s free.
- Famous Paintings – Art Appreciation/Lessons for Kids
- Concordia University Chicago – Art Lessons – 1-8 grades
- Duolingo – Spanish, French, German, Portuguese, and Italian
Free Worksheets – Math, Language Arts, Geography, Puzzles & more
Open Course-ware – College Level Courses that can be taken for free.
High School Level Courses – covering various topics
- Llevada’s Algebra 1 – a complete course including videos and a textbook.
- Mom’s Mustard Seed: US History Lessons – 13 weeks focusing on Christian Heritage
- ClickSchooling – Get 1 FREE, Web-Based Curriculum Idea Every Day — Monday Through Saturday!
- Free Homeschool Deals – wide variety ranging from apps to lists of links for various topics
Lapbooks (all topics)
- Book of Virtue (900 pages!) – Character qualities
- Anatomy Lapbook on Cells (elementary)
Notebooking (all topics)
- 1000 Good Books Reading List – all grades/ages
- Lit2Go – public domain books, text & audio for each, & some have activities as well
- Kids 4 Classics – Classic books formatted to be read online or on eBooks.
- Purdue OWL (Online Writing Lab)
- Grammar Blast (online game) for grades 2-5
- Interactive Spelling Bee grades 1-12
- The English Grammar Revolution (sentence diagramming)
- Starfall – Phonics
- Free ebooks – Project Gutenberg
- Llevada’s Algebra 1 Course – includes videos and textbook. Complete course.
- The Piano Student – various resources
- Handbook of Nature Study – blog (activities posted)
- Hands on Science Lessons (elementary to high school)
- Free Elementary Life Science book (student & teacher) – (sign up for his Mr. Q’s labnotes & you will receive a monthly experiment/explanation)
- SAHM I Am! – fantastic links that supplement the Apologia science books: General Science, Physical Science, & Biology
- Mindful Ramblings – supplements for Apologia Biology (2nd edition)
- Byte Size Science (YouTube videos all in spot about various science topics)
- Jump to Jupiter (hands on scale model of the solar system – very fun!)
Sites with lists of more free resources:
- Homeschooler’s Resources (help for Apologia General Science, Physical Science & Biology – plus other homeschooling links)
Forms, Planners, and more
- Homeschool Tracker (Basic Edition is free)
- Scheds – Core Foundation – in depth schedules for various english/history and math/science programs
Just For Fun
- Garry’s Games – History games you can make
- Virtual Homeschool Co-Op – this is an online homeschooling co-op. They offer classes covering Apologia Science from General Science up, Saxon Math from 5/4 up. They also offer writing classes (typically using Institute for Excellence in Writing materials) and various other electives as they have teachers. They offer live classes as well as “on-your-own” classes where you watch recordings and move at your own pace. Entirely free, but if you donate money, you will usually get early access to “seating” your student.